Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 5, 2017

Go Wild

Hello friends!  I have a super fun card to share today created with the Claw Slash Die from Gina Marie Designs.  I love how this die can be used to create a fun background for a card.  I'm sharing the step by step tutorial with the process I used for my card.
I started with some basic white Neenah card stock which is 110lb weight so it works great with inks and a bit of water.  I cut the card stock to 4.25x5.5 inches.  I picked some fun Oxide Inks and a Distress Ink mini to randomly ink the white card stock.  Next I used my mini mister and splattered some water over the card stock, dabbing off the excess water and repeating the process until I was pleased with the look.
Once my card stock was dry, I used the die to randomly cut the paper.  I continued this process until it was no longer possible for any additional cuts with the die.
I decided to add the die cut sheet on black card stock instead of the white.  I used my fine line glue to adhere the die cut background to the black card base.  Next, I trimmed the card base to 4x5.5 inches so that I could add it to my white card base for a bit of contrast.  My Glue Tape provided the extra strength for all of the layers.
I die cut 2 different sized circles from the GMD Slash Stitched Circle Die Set, stamped them with a sentiment from the Scrappy Moms Life's a Circus (retired) stamp set and adhered them with some Glue Dots to the base of my card.  The finishing accent was a few Succulent enamel dots.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

  1. Great tutorial and what a wonderful way to use that die! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used the die!! So creative!! The colors are fabulous!! Wow!! Love this, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool pictorial. I would have never known that was a die that created the background. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super FUN card and love the background and awesome die! Thanks for the fun tutorial to!
    Sherrie k

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous background!! Awesome card my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesoem background. Thanks for the how to. Sure did make one wild and fun card.
    Have a creative day.
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete