Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

July 10, 2017

Loved

Hello!  Today I have a card to share showcasing a gorgeous Triburst Background 6x6 Stencil from Gina Marie Designs. This is just one of the 4 new GMD stencils.
To create my card, I gathered my supplies: DCWV Kraft card stock trimmed to 4x5.25 inches, Ranger Texture Paste, Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Power, a plastic palette knife, Posy Trendy Twine and a sentiment tag from my stash.
I used the stencil to initially dry emboss my card base by running it through my Sizzix Big Kick with an embossing mat.  The dry embossing gives the card base some dimension.  Keeping the stencil in place with some washi tape, I applied the Texture Paste to the card stock using the palette knife, spreading it evenly to avoid any clumps.  Once I was pleased with the appearance of the Texture Paste, I gently removed the stencil and sprinkled the card base with the Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder and set it aside to dry.
Once the paste was completely dry, I heat embossed the powder with my embossing gun.  The finished card base has a gorgeous shiny texture with an enamel looking finish.  I love how elegant it looks.  To finish off my card, I adhered some Posy Trendy Twine to the card base and matted it on a white, top fold card for a complimentary look.
The sentiment tag was popped up on foam dots for added dimension. A few Nautical Ocean enamel dots were the perfect finishing touch on my card.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have an awesome day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Who would have thought there are so many ways to use stencils! I never would have thought to use embossing powder with the paste. Great job on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Sukie!! The stenciled and embossed background looks amazing!! You've showcased the new stencil perfectly!! Love this, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stencil background is awesome! Very pretty my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty here. Love the embossed background and the touch of teal and pink.
    Have a creative day.
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ My Crafting Channel Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete